Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdy, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop the firmware for cutting-edge fitness hardware designs and bring them to market
- Support product requirements, definition, design, optimization, validation and release processes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of electrical and mechanical engineers, marketing, sales, and app developers
- Optimize power consumption
- Self-manage and track development activities
- Draft diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive embedded C experience
- BSCE or equivalent experience in software/computer science
- Proficiency with electronics measuring equipment such as Digital Multimeters and Oscilloscopes a plus
- Knowledge of basic electronics theory/concepts
- Extensive Object Oriented experience eg. one or more of the following languages: Java, C#, Objective C, C++, Python, PHP
- Familiar with the basics of iOS and/or Android development a plus
- Experience with Git for source control
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sports and fitness technology
Head of Hardware Engineering
- Unique combination of technical depth (mechanical engineering focus), industry knowledge, customer sensibility, vision and passion.
- The “working leader” of Wahoo’s hardware engineering function
- Partner with Wahoo’s Project Managers, Software and Business Owners to ensure Wahoo provides cutting-edge, connected fitness device products.
- Reports to the Founder and Chief Product Officer Define & Lead
- In partnership with Wahoo’s R&D, Project Management, Software and Operations Teams, transform product ideas into successful product launches.
- Attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled engineering team, including the use of outside resources
- Coach, mentor and provide advice while extensively participating in technical decisions
- Act as a “go to” technical resource capable of simplifying complex issues, building consensus around solutions, and driving swift resolution of cross team issues.
- Set clear project objectives and deliverables for hardware engineers, both internal and external resources
- In partnership with Wahoo’s Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Software Teams, efficiently create products that deliver on the company’s revenue, margin and broader business objectives.
- Develop and drive the product roadmap in partnership with Wahoo’s Business Owners and Software leadership.
- Manage contract engineering resources to deliver projects on time, budget and spec.
- Own all hardware product deliverables throughout all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
- Responsible for technical change management of existing products.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product launches / changes, and communicate results and next steps.
- Successful track record of leading the effort to rapidly take hardware products from concept to commercial production in an early stage / small company.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MBA or equivalent experience a plus
- 10+ years of product development experience driving the development of fitness or consumer electronic products
- 5+ years experience managing and developing others
- Experience managing external contractors and/or manufacturers
- Strong technical capabilities
- An open communicator – we strive to maintain a culture and a company where we leave politics at the door, where brainstorming is the norm and where we encourage every colleague to be engaged in the process.
- A problem solver – possessing a balance of can-do attitude with an understanding of what can actually be done with time and resources. Strong desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment
- Certified sense of humor
- Connected development experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software such as ProE or Solidworks.
- Quality mindset with working knowledge of Six Sigma quality processes.
- Product design experience with additional industrial design experience is a plus.
Senior Dev-Ops Engineer
Wahoo Fitness is looking for a experienced, senior level Dev-Ops Engineer with strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) skills. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage cloud-based infrastructure for a growing organization.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Experience building Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD) systems and automating deployments
- Ability to use a wide variety of AWS technologies and cloud services (S3, EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, OpsWorks, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of database technologies including MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, and ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly scalable and highly available environment (Load balancing, Clustering, and Replication)
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of cloud-based systems
- Ensure network connectivity, perform network and security audits as well as system backups
- Provide on-call technical support, be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
- Use tools to monitor and diagnose server performance, website performance and application performance
Product Manager Cycling
This position will lead the current product marketing and long term road map for Wahoo’s cycling products (Trainers and Bike computers). This position is based in Wahoo’s Atlanta office.
- Manage the complete lifecycle for cycling products from conception to market; working with cross functional teams to deliver consumer products on time and on budget.
- Create and execute go-to- market plans, including branding, marketing, distribution, retail, PR plan, and communications strategy.
- Deliver product positioning, messaging and external communications that defines value propositions, differentiates products and influences key product decisions while maintaining brand consistency
- Understand the market by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop collateral for sales presentations, packaging, product sheets, instruction guides, point of sales materials/displays, and event materials
- Develop all digital materials (web, advertising, video) with designer/agency
- Develop/curate web content for product (blogs, expert articles, etc.)
- Track product performance, revenue, and key marketing/media metrics
- Analyze market and competition, including pricing, short and long term threats, opportunities, trends and new entrants
- Conduct market research (for concepts and messaging) using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Determine appropriate b2b and b2c distributional channels to maximize gross margins, and drive sales
- College degree (BA/BS in marketing or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience developing and leading integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Successful track record of marketing and growing a business across a variety of channels including ecommerce and specialty retail
- Ability to analyze business conditions and create actionable recommendations to enhance product sales performance
- Experience creating and implementing impactful new product launches
- Experience working with advertising/marketing agencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience developing offline marketing and sales collateral, point of sale materials
- Experience in developing digital/web/mobile marketing assets
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interpersonal savvy, collaborator, effective in communication internally and externally.
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling categories
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class technical support to Wahoo Fitness customers. These wonderful employees represent Wahoo to consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns.
- Qualified candidates for this role will possess a minimum of 1-3 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role.
- Prior experience working in a customer service role for a technology company dealing with connective devices preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand, and follow established procedures based on technology.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling (or running) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and additionally works well in a team environment